If you’re facing a new or chronic and debilitating health problem, you want to know your options in order to make the right choices in treatment and healing. It’s hard to find a doctor who takes the time to help you understand things.
If you’ve got a difficult-to-treat chronic problem, or are frustrated by doctors who keep adding medications to control symptoms, you know it’s even more difficult to find a caring doctor who knows how to think out-of-the-box and find the root of the problem. Fortunately modern science is starting to understand the roots of many chronic illnesses and pain syndromes. And it turns out that many of these diseases are strongly influenced by lifestyle choices–nutrition, stress, physical activity, environmental factors, etc. That’s where Functional Medicine comes in. Functional medicine is an approach used by many integrative medicine practitioners. It’s based on systems-biology and cutting edge research, and helps us understand and uproot chronic illness and difficult-to-treat problems. That includes issues like fibromyalgia, inflammatory arthritis, autoimmune disease, chronic pain, bowel disease, chronic stroke and brain injury.
Over the years, Dr. Shiller has helped thousands of people navigate the maze of diagnostic and treatment decisions to heal difficult pain syndromes and manage complex health problems.
Many so-called “hopeless” problems of pain and disability are not really hopeless. Dr. Shiller has found that people just like you recover better if they understand their circumstances, are empowered to make good choices and follow the right map. Let him light the way and be the quarterback of your healing team!
Benefits of a Virtual Visit with Dr. Shiller Include:
- Speak with a trusted expert; a board-certified MD who will listen and understand things from your perspective, and draw on decades of experience with 30-40 patient visits.
- Get an informed opinion about whether you really need surgery, or if other meds might help the pain.
- Learn to understand your pain, illness, or injury, and process of recovery, in language that makes sense to you.
- Evaluation the problem from a systems perspective that can address root cause of your illness or pain.
- Be empowered to enhance your recovery and improve your health and quality of life.
- Get a level-headed and unbiased understanding of the risks and benefits of the full range of therapies from conventional to complementary.
- Find effective healing options when the surgeon says nothing can be done to help you.
- Learn about effective alternatives to drugs, injections and surgery for all kinds of pain.
- Save time, money, and aggravation by cutting through the mess of internet information, to choose the integration of conventional and complementary therapies that will help you most.
- Get suggestions for local providers in your area who can provide the right diagnostic or therapeutic approaches.
|30 minutes||45 minutes||60 minutes|
Most issues can be evaluated in 60 minutes. Some things are more simple and can be addressed in 30 minutes. Some people benefit from follow up sessions to help them along the path to healing or to help them develop skills to reduce stress or pain.
INFORMAL TELEPHONE VISIT
If you have a simple question, or want to get a sense about whether you want to do a more formal virtual visit, immediate telephone sessions are available through a service called PrestoExperts. Immediate telephone sessions are billed at $2.99 (USD) per minute. The first 3 minutes are FREE.
Dr Shiller can typically be found online on the PrestoExperts system on Monday and Tuesday, from 1pm to 5pm (GMT +2). If you need to set a different time, please contact the office to receive a range of available times this week.
Click here to Start an Immediate Telephone Session Via Presto Experts
What People Say about Virtual Visits
“Absolutely the best, I recommend Dr. Andrew David Shiller as highly as I possibly can, he understands my problems better than anyone else I have ever spoken to. He is kind, knowledgeable, patient and understanding. I can’t possibly say enough good things about him. Thank you.”
-Matt M., Ohio
“He was very intelligent and quick to understand my issue. Very helpful and considerate of my time. Will call again when in need of some expert advice.”
“I was struggling with my 70 year old uncle who just had a stroke. “How did this happen? One moment he was fine, and the next thing he is on the floor and has no body control. Was it genetic? Should I be concerned for my health?”
I was not clear how I felt but I had so much rolling around in my mind. Using only his words, Dr. Shiller painted a perfectly clear picture of how the body works, how events such as stroke happen and how recovery works. He delved into the entire experience for the patient and family, including recovery, but also discussing how insurance works, understanding different therapies and why one might be better than another. Interestingly, another relative of mine had done tons of research on the internet over the course of days about what this condition is, how it happened, etc. In my conversation with this person, it was obvious that disparate facts of internet research were not comparable to a comprehensive, personal and intimate conversation with an expert in the field. I had a real sense of what was going on and I didn’t do a single search on the internet.”
-J.L., New York